You will select at least one minor subject. A minor provides additional breadth and depth to the your program. It must be taken outside the major department from among those areas of study listed in Graduate Bulletin or in a specifically approved inter- or intradepartmental area. To request that an outside minor not listed in the graduate bulletin be created, you should follow the initial process outlined below.
1. Submit proposal to create an outside minor to the AAADS Graduate Committee, DGS, or chairperson, or your advisory committee.
2. The proposal is reviewed and recommendations are made.
3. If recommended for approval, the AAADS graduate advisor submits recommendation to approve the proposal to the director of graduate studies for the department's major program.
4. After the director of graduate studies approves the recommendation, it is submitted to the Graduate School for final approval.
5. The Graduate School approves the recommendation and informs the department of the proposal's status.